Prosocial World is pleased to sponsor a seminar series that showcases modern evolutionary science and its many practical applications. Modern evolutionary science goes beyond genetic evolution to include all processes combining the Darwinian triad of variation, selection, and replication. This expanded view makes sense of everything associated with the words “human,” “culture,” and “policy” in addition to the word “biology.”
Prosocial World Seminar Series
Weekly on Fridays, alternating between Noon and 6PM Eastern US time
• Informal Cafes at each time for the in-between weeks
• Learning-to-Action discussion groups for each seminar
Each seminar will feature an authority on a given topic area from a modern evolutionary perspective, with an emphasis on both basic scientific understanding and practical applications. We are firm believers that these can go together and reinforce each other. Our learning-to-action orientation includes the following features.
- An option to join a discussion group for each seminar, which includes an exclusive 30-minute Q&A with the speaker after the seminar and general Q&A.
- An informal online café for each time period on the weeks between seminars.
- An opportunity to take part in ongoing book clubs, learning journeys, and action projects.
The seminars are open to the general public. The additional features require joining the Prosocial Commons, a support and engagement group for Prosocial World. Go here [link] to learn more about the Prosocial Commons.
All seminars are on Fridays, alternating between noon and 6PM Eastern US to accommodate different schedules and time zones. The seminars are recorded for viewing after the event.